STRONGER TOGETHER – Our membership has the benefit of working together to increase their combined capacity to borrow long term at below prime rates.
FNFA’s one-of-a-kind borrowing pool provides all First Nations in Canada, no matter the size or location, with similar borrowing provisions as other governments. The benefits include lower interest rates that are fixed, and longer repayment terms. FNFA’s structure and growth has resulted in investment grade credit ratings as a government-class bond issuer. This translates into benefits that are passed directly onto FNFA’s borrowing members:
- Ability to attract institutional investors to provide low-rate loans;
- No collateral or lien on assets or deposit required;
- Shared transaction costs for the bond issue;
- Fixed-rate loans available for budget certainty; and,
- Flexibility to set repayment terms to meet budgeted cash flows.